Tuesday, July 12, 2011

“Out of the Darkness into the Light!”

“Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”
 Zechariah 4:6


Luke 15:11-32
By promptings of the Holy Spirit, when I was a young man the Lord lead me to the truth and to the restored Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As years went by I grew in the gospel and matured as a young man, but pride, the spirit of offense and un-forgiveness entered my heart, which cause me to drift away from the Church.

For past 38 years, I have been wandering the desert and doing my own thing, like “prodigal son.” While in that desert, I kept seeking God’s face to suffice the emptiness in my soul. I long for the truth, but as years went by I continue to circle that mountain in the middle of that barren region and always coming up empty handed. Oh how I hungered after God! I tried several things and religions, but nothing would suffice that hunger and hole in my soul. I kept pushing along for I was seeking the love from my Heavenly Father. Along this trail this last year in this wilderness and through the mercies of God I was led back to the truthfulness of the Restored Gospel.

On July 2, 2011, I was re-baptized into the Kingdom God and on July 3, 2011, I was confirmed and I received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  On that glorious day, my Heavenly Father led back into the Promised Land. He swooped me into His arms and kissed me on my cheek as father did in the parable of the “Prodigal Son.” That night He placed the ring on my hand, by ordaining me to the Melchizedek Priesthood to office of Elder. It is good to be home again! Praise God!

I know without of shadow of doubt that Jesus Christ is head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and He died for sins. I know also that my Heavenly Father loves me and He has forgiven me of all my sins. He is truly the God of second and third chances. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he was instrument to restore the true Church. I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know President Thomas S. Monson is our present-day prophet, seer and revelator. But most all I know deeply in my heart that our merciful Heavenly Father loves us because we are His children. I say these things in Jesus name. Amen! 


Elder Kevin Anderson, Me (Steve), Elder Bo Ingram & wife Deanna


Elder Benjamin Preisendorf, Elder Kevin Anderson, Me (Steve), Elder Bo Ingram, Elder Greg Lachaga & my wife Deanna Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment