Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Seed of Faith


“God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith” Romans 12:3b

 “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.’ Matthew 17:20 b

When each of us came into this world, Our Heavenly Father has given us the same measure of faith. It is left up to us to exercise this faith so it can grow to accomplish what set out before us. A good example of faith is that Our Heavenly Father gave us muscles and we need to exercise those muscles, or we become weak and useless and we fail to accomplish our goals. In our daily lives and through out our years we have various seasons of trails to exercise our faith.

As world has seasons, so does our faith. In the spring we plant the seed of faith, we give it much prayer and hope to see it burst forth into life. As we see the seed take root in the solid ground and take hold, so does our faith take hold. We continue to cultivate the ground, giving it the right ingredients and nourishments in order for the seed to spring into life.

With much prayer, the seed grows from a small seedling into a stem that grows into a larger and more stronger plant. As we see the plant grow, so does our faith grow also. It grows to a point that our faith and belief become larger than anything we face. Then we can say to that mountain, “Be gone” and it is gone, for our faith was greater and larger than the mountain. As the mountain is moved so is our faith moved into a stronger, deeper relationship with our Father in Heaven. 

In James 2:26 b says “So faith without works is dead also.” Several years ago, I faced one of the biggest trails in my life. My youngest daughter Megan caught staff infection from the nursery in the hospital. She was a week old and my wife was changing her diaper. As she changed her diaper, Deanna spotted a large blister on private area and it busted and started to bleed. The both of us rushed her the hospital and we found that she contacted a staff infection while she was in the nursery. She was fifth child that came in contact with it. We were told that she would have be placed in isolation and put on strong antibiotics too. We were also told that she would be the isolation for at least couple weeks to a month and if the infection went into her blood system, she would end dying. I can’t begin to describe the feelings my wife and I felt seeing our little girl lay there hopeless with several IV’s coming out of her.

Right away, I went into my prayer closet and I sought God’s face. As I was praying, I felt led to call Elders of our Church so Megan could receive a blessing. The Elders came and they blessed my little girl. Within three days the infection was gone and we were able to take her home. It wasn’t the Elder’s that healed her, because they were vessels that our God used to bring out the miracle. As I am saying this, I am not giving myself credit that took place, but it was my faith in God. I knew without shadow of doubt that nothing is impossible with my God. In times in past He was faithful and I knew that He would be faithful again.


I would like to encourage you to cultivate your faith and believe that nothing is impossible with Our Heavenly Father. As you pray and put your faith in Our Heavenly Father, step aside and believe and mighty hand God move on your behalf. Remember He is no respecter of persons and that He is faithful and awesome God. Also it is our faith that moves Our Heavenly Father.

Click on following link.

1 comment:

  1. It is so true, the power of God can heal and change lives. He is there waiting to help us. Thanks Steve for your example!

    ReplyDelete