Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Love Thy Neighbor as I Love You!"





                                     “A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one
                                another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” John 13:34 

I believe for many us when we come to the Lord and are baptized into the Church have a hard time accepting the Lord’s forgiveness and mercy. Due to our previous sinful life, we continue live under the spirit condemnation. We may accept His grace in principle, but due in our hearts and
emotions we fail to accept His grace and mercy. We let our past condemn us because we have this notion that because our sinful past we cannot be really forgiven. We have this concept that how can a perfect God forgive us and let alone have us enter in His kingdom.

Another side of this condemnation is our personal pride that says we are unforgivable, because in reality we cannot forgive ourselves. We can’t receive this mercy and grace because in our hearts we feel we are unforgivable and are damned for life. By saying that cannot be forgiven is
calling Christ’s life and purpose a lie and there was no need for it. We need to learn to forgive ourselves and accept the Father’s love and mercy. Remember He love us enough to send His only begotten son. John 3:16 

Another side of this condemnation is our personal pride that says we are unforgivable, because in reality we cannot forgive ourselves. We can’t receive this mercy and grace because in our hearts we feel we are unforgivable and are damned for life. By saying that cannot be forgiven is calling Christ’s life and purpose a lie and there was no need for it. We need to learn to forgive ourselves and accept the Father’s love and mercy. Remember He love us enough to send His only begotten son. John 3:16 

In the following lines I would like to share some pros that I wrote several years ago.


"Lord Help Me to Be Me"


Dear Lord, help me to be me,
So I can I am with You
As you are with me.
Help me to love me as you
Did two thousand years ago
     on Mt. Calvary.

I want to be free to love me
As You do now - with
All my talents and faults.
Let me feel the warmth of your
Love, so I in return can
Love You too.

I know that through this love,
I can be me as You
Are with me.
I am not your alter-ego and
You are not mine.
I am the gift you have given
Me and what I do with it,
Is in my own hands,

I cannot be another Peter, Linus,
Paul, Francis and John Paul.
and in the same token, I cannot
Be my father, mother, grandparents,
Brother or Sister.
You had made one of them as
You made one of me.
so in order to be free and at
Peace - is be me with You.

It is by this love You had given
Me so freely, that I can
Embrass you so that I
Won't be afraid to be me.
Years have gone by, and I felt
Your love, but I in return
Did not return it.
I only return what others have
Already given You, but that
Never suffices the longing
To be one with You.

You said for us to be one with You,
But I never could be one,
Because I was never one with me.
Now with this newness of strength
Of love I feel, I can embrace
Your love and be one with You.
Because I am ne to You,
and now we can be one in
love, faith and hope.

it is a beginning and it will
Go on - so that I can become
Me as You are I am
With me.

Click on following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0aVu2IDfZI&feature=related


1 comment:

  1. Stephen you are so right. Sometimes the hardest thing we can do in life is forgiving ourselves. And we need to learn to do that, because when we truly repent, the Lord remembers our sins no more, so we need not remember them anymore. Thanks for the inspiring message

    ReplyDelete